ARC Review: Captive by Aimee Carter

Title: Captive( The Blackcoat Rebellion #2)
Author: Aimee Carter
Publication: November 25th 2014 by Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Dystopia
Source: Provided by the kind publisher...
Goodreads

For the past two months, Kitty Doe's life has been a lie. Forced to impersonate the Prime Minister's niece, her frustration grows as her trust in her fake fiancĂ© cracks, her real boyfriend is forbidden and the Blackcoats keep her in the dark more than ever. 

But in the midst of discovering that her role in the Hart family may not be as coincidental as she thought, she's accused of treason and is forced to face her greatest fear: Elsewhere. A prison where no one can escape. 

As one shocking revelation leads to the next, Kitty learns the hard way that she can trust no one, not even the people she thought were on her side. With her back against the wall, Kitty wants to believe she'll do whatever it takes to support the rebellion she believes in—but is she prepared to pay the ultimate price? 


-- My Rating --
5/5 Oscars: Loved it

-- My Thoughts --

     The first book in this series, Pawn, made it to my five-stars favorites. It was absolutely phenomenal and I thought there was NO WAY to top the first book, but Aimee Carter proved me wrong.
     Kitty Doe has been playing her role as Lila Hart, surrounded by enemies and friends, it's becoming harder for her to know who to trust. But when a series of events shake the foundations of all the lies the government has been built on, and Kitty has the hardest decision to make; give up, or fight for freedom.
     This book  has no dull moments, not a second passes by without something major happening, there is no boredom. I LOVED the plot. It's fast. It's electrifying. It's thought-provoking. It's suspenseful. There are even MORE things at stake in this book  than in the first one.
     Of course, Aimee Carter's discriptions are still to-the-point and vivid. But the strongest suit of this book is definitely the characters. Kitty amazes me.  I love her bravery, her loyalty, her commitment to the cause. Her love. There is not ONE moment that I didn't like her. Then, there's Knox who got a lot more of appearances in this book. But we had little of Benjy. I hope we see more of him in the next book.
     Of course, there is romance. But I am not sure whether I can consider this as a love-triangle or not. It's been two books now and I still don't know if one of the guys is considered as a love interest or not. I guess it will all be resolved in the third book and I can't wait!
     The ending was thrilling and such a huge BANG that left me with millions of questions. I cannot wait to get my hands on the third book! This is definitely one of my favorite series to date! If you are a fan of dystopia and survival stories like The Hunger Games and Divergent, then this book is the one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!