Bout of Books: Day 2 Challenges and Update

Bout of Books
There are two really FUN challenges today for the Bout of Books read-a-thon. I am happily participating in both of them, but first, here is my update of Day 1 of the read-a-thon:

Number of pages I've read: 213/213
Books read: The 100 by Kass Morgan
Total number of books read: 1
Today #insixwords: I FINISHED MY FIRST BOOK, HAPPY!


-- Challenge 1: One True Pairing --

The first challenge is from Infinite Ink.
My favorite One True Pairing (OTP) is definitely Juliette and Warner from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. If you haven't already read this series; it's basically a story about a girl who is too scared of her own powers and she has been locked away for such a long time, then two guys enter her life and everything changes.
I love it that their relationship evolved from hate (from Juliette's perspective) and amusement (from Warner's perspective). It was definitely not insta-love, and I'm incredibly glad for that. The reason I ship them so MUCH is that they have this strange, otherworldly chemistry. When they are together in a room, they ignite it. It was such a pleasure reading their scenes together. I felt like their love was real and nothing could destroy it. And I felt like they were real people, with flaws and insecurities but they completed each other. And that's the reason why they are my absolute favorite couple.

-- Challenge 2: Book Spine Poetry --

This was really fun. You have to write a poem out of the titles of books, as much as you want. I tried and tried and finally this is what I could do:

Make Your Own Luck
in an
Unhallowed Ground
Practically Perfect
is
The Girl Who Played With Fire
and
Troubled Waters
bring
A Ruthless Need

How do you think I did in the challenges? And are you participating in any?

11 comments:

  1. I really like the challenges you've been doing - can't believe you finished a book in a day! Haven't done that in ages (need to get cracking). How do I find more out about the challenges?
    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you SO MUCH, though this is an award-free zone. Yeah, I can't believe i did that too

      Delete
  2. Love the poem. Great job.
    Thanks so much for joining in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating in my OTP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for putting it up. it was really nice :)

      Delete
  4. Spine poems are so much fun! I should do one sometimes see what I come up with lol! And I so need to finish the Shatter Me series - or Catch up at least (I'm not even sure if it's finished yet or if there will be more lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love your poem!

    Good luck! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!