ARC Review: Where Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton

Title: Where Silence Gathers
Author: Kelsey Sutton
Publication: July 8th 2014 by Flux
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: Provided by the kind publisher..
Goodreads

In this companion novel to the critically acclaimed Some Quiet Place, Alex must choose between Revenge and Forgiveness.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandra Tate sits outside Nate Foster's house, clutching a gun. After serving ten years for the drunk driving accident that killed Alex's family, Nate has been released from prison. Every night, Alex waits out of sight, building up the courage to exact her own justice. There's just one problem: Forgiveness. 

Alex has been able to see personified Emotions for as long as she can remember, and Revenge is her best friend. But when Forgiveness suddenly appears, he offers Alex a choice—getting even or moving on. It's impossible to decide when Revenge whispers in one ear . . . and Forgiveness whispers in the other.


-- My Rating --

5/5 Oscars: LOVED it

-- My Thoughts --

     I read Kelsey Sutton's first debut book, Some Quiet Place almost a year ago and it was PERFECTION.  Who would have thought that she could even top her first novel all over again? I surely didn't.
     Alexandra Tate lost her family to a car accident that she survived. And she knows who was in the other car. Now that he's out of prison, she sits in front of his house with a gun in her hand but she can't decide. Not when she can see Emotions and Choices. Not when Revenge is telling her to pull the trigger and Forgiveness telling her to move on. Not when she's falling in love, with both of them. Not when someone is trying to kill her and her remaining family.
     I absolutely adore Kelsey Sutton's writing style. It's indescribable, it fills you up, it pulls you in, it makes you feel like you know everything about these characters. Every single feeling. Every single secret. She has this captivating kind of writing that every author takes a decade, at least, to master. But she just HAS it, it's a gift and she excels at it.
     As with the first book, I am still in awe of the creative road that Kelsey has taken. The ability to see Emotions is, by far, the most imaginative thing i have read about. And I have only found it in Kelsey's books. I don't know if any other author has written anything about it, but it's a unique subject, for sure. And Kelsey has put so much work into it, to differentiate between all the emotions and how Alexandra sees them.
     The characters take the main stage in Kelsey's books. First, we have Alexandra Tate which is the  opposite of our previous heroine in her first book. The previous one could see Emotions but she could feel NOTHING. But Alexandra sees the Emotions and she feels everything. And it was refreshing. I fell in love with Alexandra, and all she was going through. It was so sad to see her grow up in such a way, still, she grows amazingly.
     Then, there's Revenge and Forgiveness. The two Choices that Alexandra has to decide. I loved the twist that was associated with them both, but i am not gonna spoil it. So you have to read it to find out. Revenge and Forgiveness are swoon-worthy. I loved Revenge, he had this magnetic pull in him and he cared about Alexandra, he has been with her in her whole life and the sexual tension between them was delicious. Forgiveness is like the calm to Revenge's wild. He is amazing and sweet and caring. These are Emotions, you're not supposed to fall in love with creatures like them, but you do, just like Alexandra does.
     The cast of secondary characters are also unique and add a lot to the story. One other thing that I LOVED was the appearance of Fear in this novel. he was one of the main characters in the previous one and I really liked seeing glimpses of him here and there. The ending caught me off guard, I was totally not expecting it. But I loved it all the same. I cannot go on and on saying all the great things this novel made me experience. But I can say this: Reading Kelsey Sutton's books is a MUST. If you think you truly love paranormal and romance genres but you still haven't read her books, then please reconsider. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Kelsey Sutton books yet but I love the covers so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. The idea of feeling and reading emotions is really cool. It reminds me of the psychic vampire stories I read a long time ago. Anyway, great review, and I'll have to read Some Quiet Place!

    -P.E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to read it. It's amazing!
      Thanks for being here!

      Delete
  2. This sounds fab and I haven't heard of this book before. In fact I think I need to check out this author's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I was always intrigued by Some Quiet Place and have been meaning to read it, but even moreso know knowing this one is awesome! It definitely does sound really unique and I love that it has such great character development, too, even with the side cast! Wonderful review, hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely go for books that are unique and this one is exceptional
      Thanks for stopping by, Giselle!

      Delete
  4. that is a wonderful concept and a great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! And you should check it out!

      Delete
  5. You totally convinced me to read this book. How come I had never seen this tittle before? Never mind, I'll be hunting this book down soon.

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!