Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Name of book: The Iron King  (Iron Fey #1)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publication: February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Fantasy
Source: Owned

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

-- My Rating --


-- My Thoughts --
 **NOTE: This review is pretty old. It's almost five months old but I just never had the time to post it on the blog. So you might notice some punctuation mistakes, which are from my lack of great English back then ^-^**
     I have heard so much about Julie Kagawa and her series, The Iron Fey. So, when I had the time (finally!) to read something of my own choosing, I chose this. And I don't regret one moment spent in Julie's spectacular world!
     Megan Chase's life turns upside down when her brother disappears. She has to get him back, even if it means going to the wickedly beautiful land of Nevernever. Her life will never be the same. Her heart will never be the same.
     I have always been a great fan of fantasy. Losing myself in a world that is so far from reality, and yet feels so real, it like a profession of mine. Julie Kagawa has created characters that are so genuine, they almost jump out of the page. She has a created a world, so mysterious and so obvious at the same time. She has created two love interests that are polar opposites but they capture your heart all the same. She has created a masterpiece that you will be invested in 'til you turn the very last past.
     This book was really, really good. But I still didn't give it five stars. Because, sometimes, books are good, but they are not the BEST. This one was good, but there ones that are much better. I loved the uniqueness and the enchantment in this book and I cannot wait to read the second book in the series, The Iron Daughter, and go back to Puck and Ash's  world...

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great series. And what's even better is that it gets even better as it goes. I'm glad you enjoyed Iron King!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right
      The Iron Duaghter was even better

      Delete
  2. Great review! I love this series, too. :)

    I agree with Andrea that it gets better as it goes on, too.

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!