Review: Glamorous Illusions by Lisa T. Bergren


Title: Glamorous Illusions (Grand Tour Series #1)
Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Publication: June 1st 2012 by David C. Cook
Genre: Historical Fiction
Source: Provided by the kind publisher..

When Cora Kensington learns she is the illegitimate daughter of a copper king, her life changes forever. Even as she explores Europe with her new family, she discovers that the most valuable journey is within. The first book in the Grand Tour series takes you from the farms of Montana through England and France on an adventure of forgiveness, spiritual awakening, and self-discovery.





-- My Rating --

4.5 / 5 Oscars: Loved it...

-- My Thoughts --


     I have not read many reviews of this book and I had not heard of the author before, but I was totally missing out. I was not such a great fan of historical fiction, but this book made me want to read every single historical book that is out there!
      Cora's life was normal up until she discovered that she is the daughter of a copper king. And now, she has to go on the Grand Tour with his three arrogant. children. The Grand Tour is a tour of self-discovery and knowledge and Cora will learn much more about herself than she had ever dreamed. She will make new friends, possible love interests and might even fall in love.
      I absolutely adored the idea of the Grand Tour in this novel. I had not heard of it before, although it might not be called original, it was still a great introduction into that time frame of history. Ms. Bergren's cast of characters were versatile, unique and equally adorable. Cora is a girl you will root for, and eventually love. A girl you wish you were. Pierre and Will are genuine love interests and I fell for them both. Specially Pierre and his charm. I still can't decide which one I lean on to.
     Ms. Lisa has added elements of romance and history into a novel that is as memorable as an actual true story. I am looking most forward to reading the second book in this series, which will surely be even better...

6 comments:

  1. I've had this book on my Kindle since it came out and I still have to read it. I guess I'm going to have to start it soon. Great review!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of the book either, but I do love historical fiction with a sweet love story, and this looks like a great book! Really enjoyed the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great read. I love Lisa's YA River of Time series. You should definitely check it out!
    Clean Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!