Review: Settling (Solid #2) by Shelley Workinger


Name of book: Settling (Solid #2)
Author: Shelley Workinger
Publication: July 4th 2011
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: Provided by the kind author...

At the beginning of the summer, Clio Kaid was one of a hundred teens brought to a secret Army installation. But it was no ordinary camp and they weren’t ordinary kids…

Picking up where “Solid” left off, Clio and her friends realize that they aren’t ready to go home; they’re determined to stay on campus and continue their journey of self- discovery. But someone doesn’t feel the same way and will do anything to drive them away – even kill. 

Friendships will be tested, abilities will evolve, and more secrets will come out as the teens race to stop the killer before he sets his sights on one of them…


-- My Rating --



-- My Thoughts --

     After finishing Solid - the first book in the series - I couldn't wait to get my hands on Settling, the second book. I loved getting thrust back into this wonderful world, although the first book was almost a  typical paranormal read, this one was definitely not.
"WARNING this might contain minor spoilers if you haven't read the first book, Solid (read my review here)"
    Clio and her friends suffered a lot on their first month in the base. They are finally ready to settle into their lives and routines. But nothing stays the same, and without noticing, Clio is getting more and more distant from her friends. Is she turning into something that she is not? 
     It has something to do with her genetically engineered chromosome that they all share. And while Jack is getting busier by the minute, Clio can't deny the attraction, the forbidden attraction, she feels toward Ford, the lieutenant in charge. But that's not all on Clio's mind, someone has killed one of the doctors on the base, and it looks like the murderer is just getting started.
     Will this army base ever be free of murderers and crazed lunatics? Will Clio ever be able to go back into her former self? Will she push Jack away and welcome Ford in? Find out much more when you read this action-packed, satisfying sequel, Settling...
     I LOVE this series, it has become one of my favorite ones. Solid was a very interesting read, but I didn't like it a lot. It was probably due to the fact that it was typical paranormal stuff. I was a bit worried about what the author would bring to the field in this sequel. Let me tell you, Shelley Workinger, you have written one of the BEST sequels EVER!
     I love the action in this novel, and I love the fact that it is not the main subject. I loved how Clio's character grew in this sequel, for better or for worse. I LOVE Jack, I adore his sweetness and his honesty. I loved Ford's character, too. Shelley Workinger has created a very unique bunch of characters, that you will love, feel for, and relate to. In every possible way.
     If you want to read an enjoyable paranormal fantasy, then Settling is the one! It is a unique mix of love, mystery, betrayal, and of course, paranormalcy. A story that will pull the heartstrings of every young adult fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!