Review: Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate

Name of book: Rapture (Fallen #4)
Author: Lauren Kate
Publication: June 12th 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: Burrowed
Goodreads

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.



-- My Rating --

-- My Thoughts --

     **WARNING This is a spoiler if you haven't read the three other books in the series, you will find them here: Fallen, Torment, Passion WARNING** I couldn't believe I finished this series, wait! I still can't believe I finished it! It's so overwhelming, so enchanting! I can't stop babbling about how much I love this series! I love it! Adore it! I am swooning over it!
     Luce and Daniel have been through countless troubles over numerous years ( decades, centuries... You name it.) because of the love they have for each other. As if that wan't enough, Lucifer has an evil plan.  This time, they have to stop Lucifer from erasing much of the history of Earth, which means erasing Luce and Daniel's past.
     But to stop Lucifer, they have to find the exact location of the Fall. The Fall of the angels from Heaven to Earth, and to find this location, they will have to go through deep research into the history of the Earth. 
     While fighting their enemies and making new friends, Luce realises that she was meant to love someone else. The curse has always been about Luce, not Daniel. The land is covered by angel dust and many lives are taken, it's up to Luce to find the answer to break this curse and save the world.
     Will Luce find the answer to this terrible curse? Will she and Daniel ever be together? Find out the astonishing, captivating conclusion to the Fallen series when you read Rapture...
     Oh My God! This  is not what I expected at all... You better prepare some tissues , you will be shedding a few (or many) tears when you read this book. It's so heart breaking, so compelling. Lauren Kate's style has improved so much!
     The character development is obvious. Long gone is the clumsy Luce who was afraid of everything. A new girl is  there, a girl who has the courage to take down the devil and fight for the love of her life. 
     Daniel, well, I am swooning over him all the time! He is so damn-goegous and protective. And Cam is my favoite character of all, although I felt like he was a little bit left out at the end but he is still there in my heart. I want to read his happy ending!
     The ending is breath taking! You can guess whatever you want but the end will NEVER be what you expected or guessed.  It was so unpredictable! First, I didn't like the end that much, but after sleeping on it and dreaming about it, it is one of the best conclusions I have ever read.
     This book showed me (andit will show all of you) the value of true love, the value of the love that lasts for eternity, the love that never dies and has no boundries. I will always remember this series, so that I can give it to my children to read. This series is an unforgettable series, it is the book that will always be kept on bookshelves in houses all around the world. As long as we are faithful, this series shall never die, for it will always remain alive in our hearts and souls...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!