Review: Take Me There by Susane Colasanti

From Google...
In one short week . . . three lives change.
Rhiannon is devastated after the breakup with her boyfriend and wants him back. Nicole's ex is still in the picture, but she can't help having a new crush. James and Rhiannon are just friends, though he may try to take it to the next level. Will their desire to take a mean girl down a notch bring these three friends what they want . . . and more?
Set during one life-altering week and told in three realistic perspectives, this engaging, witty novel by the author of When It Happens shows the ups and downs of love, friendship, and karma.




My Rating:


My Thoughts:

 The last book I read by Susane Colasanti, did not satisfy me very much. But I decided to give her books another try. The next in line is Take Me There...
     The plot is laid out nicely, three friends go through three different post-breakup situations. Rhiannon is dumped by her boyfriend, but she still loves him and wants him back. Nichol dumps her boyfriend, Danny, for no reason at all. And she can't help but have a new crush, her super-hot Math teacher. James breaks up with his girlfriend, because of some silly "jealousy" issues she has.
     As the plot develops, they become closer friends when they plan to bring down the "queen bee", the meanest girl in school. Will Rhiannon and James take a step ahead? And will Nichol finally choose her Romeo? Find this out when you read Take Me There... 

Recommendation:

     I was pretty disappointed with this book, (Sorry Dear Author!) it was a clone of Susane Colasanti's other book, Something Like Fate. The pace is way too slow, and the characters are very "blank", there is no adventure, no surprises in this book. But I don't give up, I will still read her other books, maybe I will find a needle in this haystack...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!