Review: What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat. 

His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.

When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.



My Rating:


Facts:

Name of book: What I Didn't Say
Author: Keary Taylor
Publisher: CreateSpace
Publication Date: May 11, 2012
Source: Provided by publisher...
My Review: Goodreads

My Thoughts:

     I never thought I would fall in love with this novel as much as I did, Keary Taylor has created an exhilarating read, full of unexpected twists and compelling characters.
     Being drunk the night at the homecoming is a really huge mistake. After the terrible accident that he goes through, Jake is positive that his life is over, when he loses the ability to speak. Coping with being mute, he regrets everything that he has not done when he was able to speak. But the thing that he regrets the most is not telling Samantha Shay that he has loved her forever.
      Jake turns into a guy with huge self-pity, a guy who cannot tell the girl of his dreams that he loves her. But as Jake goes back to school, Samantha changes what he has thought will never be changeable. With Samantha, Jake finds out that he is not alone, that he has a family who loves him, a home that he grew up in, food enough for all his needs, she teaches him that being mute is not as bad as it seems.
     So, Jake decides to change his way of living in the world, and to help everyone whenever he can. He is infatuated with Samantha, but she doesn't believe in love, Sam thinks love is something temporary and never lasts forever. Sam is lonely, and poor, and Jake knows that she might be taken away from him at any moment.
     Can love can overcome any obstacle? Jake's love will burn strongely, but does Samantha love him back? Will Samantha be his or be taken away from him forever? Find out when you read the romantic, captivating novel, What I Didn't Say...
     You will get hooked to this novel, it will keep you at the edge of your chair, praying, hoping, wishing that Jake and Samantha will end up together. Although the books was a bit predictable, Keary Taylor created a bunch of captivating, emotional characters. I loved the sense of humor in the novel, Jake has six brothers and sisters, I fell in love every single one of them! From the caring Jordan, to the little brat, Joshua. 
     And I loved how influential Samantha was, she made a good point in everything she says, which is normal, since she has been through a lot, and that has made her much stronger that normal teenagers.
    Another thing that I liked, was the book is Jake's point of view. It's the first time I read a book in i a guy's point of view, but it was definitely worth it, since Jake is such a wonderful character. 
    Keary Taylor wrote a note at the end of the book, describing why this book was so dear to her heart and why it was very difficult to write it. I thank her for the effort she put into writing this novel, it's such a msaterpiece. This book is recommended to everyone, specially lovers of romance. YOU should definitely add this to your to-be-read list...

6 comments:

  1. I've had this book on my TBR list, and it sounds so good! Thanks for following me! I've followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! This book sounds really sweet :) I usually don't pick up romance, but I think I'll have to give this one a try. It sounds like it has a nice balance of family, community, and romance.

    I found your blog via bookblogs. My blog is nickieanderson.blogspot.com
    I hope you'll drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Soma. You made me want to read the book even faster now.

    I'm your newest follower. Check me out at rumorhasitummhmm.blogspot.com and stay for a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are reading it? Great!
      Followed your amazing blog...

      Delete
  4. I have this book on my TBR list. I've only seen good reviews so I really need to read it soon. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!